Nolvadex D (Tamoxifen) 20 mg 30 tabs AstraZeneca
Information about the drug
Nolvadex D ( Tamoxifen) is effective product to overcome breast cancer on early stages. The drug is used for a long time for therapeutic purposes and has proven its effectiveness. Properties of this drug prevent the interaction of cancer cells with estrogen (female sex hormones). Estrogens, in case of illness, are used by cancer cells for development. Preventing this process can prevent the development of the disease.
In sport properties of Nolvadex D are also used for the same purposes as in the treatment of diseases. Counteracting excess estrogen is a very important point during the using of Androgenic Anabolic Steroids (AAS).
Nolvadex – D acts the next way: when it enters the organism, the active ingredients of the drug bind to the estrogen receptors in the cell membrane. Thus, the estrogen that appears as a consequence of aromatization does not have the ability to bind to its receptor, which would affect the development of the cell. As a result, most of the female sex hormones remain in the body, in an inactive state and may not cause side effects.
This prevents athlete from the following problems: Gynecomastia (unnatural growth of mammary glands in men), the accumulation of water as a result of estrogenic activity and the storage of female-type fat (hips, waist, abdomen).
It is antitumor antiestrogenic agent. Competitively inhibits estrogen receptors in target organs and tumors originating from these organs. The result is a complex (drug-receptor-transfer cofactor), which, after translocation to the cell nucleus, prevents hypertrophy of cells that are dependent on estrogen regulation. It has antigonadotropic properties, inhibits the synthesis of Pg in tumor tissue. It inhibits the progression of the tumor process stimulated by estrogen.
The ability to block estrogens may persist for several weeks after a single dose.
In addition, tamoxifen can cause ovulation in women when it is absent, stimulating the release of GRF from the hypothalamus, stimulating the release of the pituitary gonadotropin hormones. In men with oligospermia, it increases the concentration of LH and FSH, testosterone and estrogen in the blood serum. Tamoxifen and some of its metabolites (N-desmethyltamoxifen, 4-hydroxy tamoxifen) are strong oxidase inhibitors of the mixed function of the liver cytochrome P450 system, but the clinical significance of these effects has not been determined.
For a long period of time, sports doctors developed the most effective regimens of use, as a result, they came to the conclusion that this drug works quite effectively at any stage of steroids.
Nolvadex D works equally well if it is included in the AAS course and it has also proven itself well in post course therapy (PCT).
Many athletes use this drug with AAS. In this case, the dosage of 10–20 mg per day is used (depending on your weight and the amount of AAS used). This course lasts for the entire cycle of taking AAS.
PCT has a more complex reception option, but its effectiveness has been proven by researching. The course consists of six weeks. The first two weeks the amount of the drug is 30-40 mg per day for 14 days. After that the dosage should be reduced in two 15-20 mg per day. After the last two weeks the dosage is reduced again in two to 7.5-10 mg per day.
The time of applying shouldn’t be more than 6 weeks. For better choosing of the dosage you should regularly pass hormone tests.
- Enhances the effect of indirect anticoagulants (careful observation is required to adjust the dose of anticoagulants).
- Cytostatics increase the risk of thrombosis.
- Allopurinol promotes the development of hepatotoxic effects.
- The simultaneous use of tamoxifen with other hormonal drugs (especially estrogen-containing) leads to a weakening of the specific effect of both drugs.
- Drugs that reduce Ca2 + excretion (e.g. thiazide-type diuretics) may increase the risk of hypercalcemia.
- Antacids, H2-histamine receptor blockers, and other drugs that reduce the acidity of gastric juice can cause premature dissolution and loss of the protective effect of enteric tablets. The interval between taking tamoxifen and these drugs should be 1-2 hours.
This drug has small amount of unpleasant effects, but violating the recommendations of using can cause these symptoms:
- Ossalgia, fever;
- decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, in rare cases – fatty liver, cholestasis, hepatitis;
- flushing of the skin with a sensation of heat; leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, thrombosis, thromboembolism, thrombophlebitis; skin rash, dry skin, an increase in the size of soft tissue formations, sometimes accompanied by severe erythema of the affected areas and adjacent areas (usually disappears within 2 weeks);
- hypercalcemia, peripheral edema (associated with fluid retention), alopecia, weight gain;
- depression, headache, dizziness, myasthenia gravis, fatigue, drowsiness, confusion;
- loss of visual acuity, clouding of the cornea, cataract, retinopathy, retrobulbar neuritis.
- In women, endometrial hyperplasia, reversible development of cystic tumors, vaginal discharge, metrorrhagia, dysmenorrhea, genital itching, amenorrhea.
- In men, a decrease in potency and / or libido.
Overdose. Symptoms: increased side effects.
Treatment: symptomatic. There is no specific antidote.
This drug is medical product and requires following recommendations of using and storing. It should be stored in the cool dark place, avoiding direct sunlight. It’s also necessary to prevent applying this drug by children.
You MUST consult with your attending physician before you start using this drug. We also ask you to take into account that this drug may cause some side effects, some of them can be life-threatening. If you notice any disturbing symptoms you should to contact with your physician. In some cases, it is necessary to stop taking the drug for a while. Also you must inform your doctor if you taking this drugs with other medicines. So physician can prescribe proper treatment and help to avoid any unpleasant adverse effects.