Drying for man - Part 1: Diet
Drying is a process that aims to reduce the percentage of fat mass while maintaining muscle volume. It helps to "draw" the body relief as much as possible.
Drying is used by both professional athletes before competitions, and amateurs simply to obtain an aesthetic relief.
Eating while drying for men is not just a diet. Drying is tougher, and is also aimed only at burning fat, while when losing weight, the body loses both fat and muscle mass. Therefore, drying has different principles of weight loss.
The main thing in drying is diet
The first stage of drying is the transition to a special diet. The duration of the diet for drying the body for men is at least 1-1.5 months. Its essence is to limit the amount of carbohydrates and fats.
To "draw" the relief of the body, it is necessary to consume a certain amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates:
- Proteins (b). Make up 50-60% of the total diet. The amount per day is 2 g per 1 kg of body weight.
- Fats (f). They occupy 10-20% of the total number of calories per day. The amount per day is 0.5 g per 1 kg of body weight.
- Carbohydrates (u). Make up 20-30% of the total calories. The amount per day in the first week is 2 g per 1 kg of body weight, in the second week - 1 g per 1 kg of body weight, in the third week - 0.5 g per 1 kg of body weight.
Example: an athlete weighing 90 kg and growing 190 cm per day will need 180 g of protein, 90 g of fat and 180 g of carbohydrates (in the first week).
Daily calorie intake: 4xb + 4xy + 9xg. In this example, the athlete will need 4x180 + 4x180 + 9x90 = 2250 kcal.
Another formula for calculating daily calorie content: body weight (kg) x 13.7 + height (cm) x 5 - age (years). For the example under consideration, it turns out: 90x13.7 + 190x5 - 27 = 2156 kcal, which is not much different from the value of 2250 kcal.
Basic rules of diet nutrition during drying for men
- Be sure to have breakfast. It helps to speed up the metabolism.
- Eat every 3 hours. It also keeps the metabolism high.
- Eliminate fast carbohydrates. Only slow ones can be consumed.
- 2/3 of the daily calorie intake to 15 hours. More active digestion in the morning.
- Have dinner 4 hours before bedtime. So that the body has time to spend the calories eaten.
Body drying nutrition program for men
In the diet for drying men, water is always present. Start each morning with 1 to 2 glasses of warm lemon water. The menu is for the average athlete 178 cm tall and weighing 66-73 kg (average build). A certain amount of products must be consumed taking into account the calculated norm of KBZhU.
- Breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese - 250 g, berries or orange.
- Snack: chicken breast, steamed buckwheat, unsalted tomato juice.
- Lunch: boiled or baked veal, brown rice - 100 g, vegetable salad.
- Afternoon snack: chicken egg - 3 pcs., Kefir with bran.
- Dinner: stew of stews and vegetables.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese - 150 g, chicken egg - 3 pcs., Unsweetened fruit.
- Snack: baked fish, brown rice, cabbage and carrot salad with olive oil.
- Lunch: fish soup, baked broccoli with boiled shrimps and garlic-lemon sauce.
- Afternoon snack: unsalted cheese - 50 g, cashews - 60 g.
- Dinner: salmon steak, baked potatoes - 100 g.
- Breakfast: a steamed omelet of 3 eggs, yogurt with bran.
- Snack: avocado, rice with spinach.
- Lunch: steamed beef cutlets, paella with mussels, salad.
- Snack: parsley, spinach, green apple, kefir, sorrel and half an avocado smoothie, walnuts - 6 pcs.
- Dinner: meat in foil, baked zucchini.
- Breakfast: yogurt and 2 tablespoons of bran, oatmeal with berries.
- Snack: chicken with rye pasta, lettuce.
- Lunch: eggplant stuffed with rice and beef.
- Afternoon snack: egg whites - 6 pcs., Almonds - 60 g, cheese - 50 g.
- Dinner: cabbage salad, veal pork, kefir.
- Breakfast: kefir with bran, steamed buckwheat.
- Snack: egg white - 4 pcs., Avocado.
- Lunch: rice risotto with seafood.
- Afternoon snack: walnuts - 6 pcs., Cottage cheese.
- Dinner: baked shrimp with vegetables.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese casserole with yogurt and berries, 2 tsp. bran.
- Snack: turkey, radish salad, green onions and Chinese cabbage.
- Lunch: brown rice risotto with mushrooms.
- Afternoon snack: egg whites - 6 pcs., A slice of cheese, pumpkin seeds.
- Dinner: seafood salad.
- Breakfast: egg whites - 5 pcs., Cottage cheese with bran.
- Snack: mussels in lemon sauce.
- Lunch: eggplant stuffed with meat.
- Afternoon snack: boiled squid and stuffed with mushrooms and eggs.
- Dinner: salmon steak in the oven with lemon juice.
The diet plan for drying the body for men provides for limiting portions to a volume of 200 g, while observing the daily calorie intake.
Sports nutrition to enhance the effectiveness of the diet
Sports supplements can help accelerate fat burning and support health, as a drying diet becomes stressful for the body against the background of normal nutrition. So, an athlete should pay attention to the following...
Types of sports nutrition:
- Multivitamin complexes for men. They are necessary to replenish the reserves of nutrients that the body loses during drying. Taking vitamins can help maintain your wellness and improve your workout performance. To find the right complex, it will be useful to study the information which vitamins are best for men.
- Whey protein. Serves as an additional source of protein, which is very important for drying. Protein is recommended to be taken in the morning, before and after training. It is best to purchase whey protein isolate as it is 95% protein.
- BCAA. A complex of the most important amino acids that inhibit muscle breakdown and help you recover faster after exercise. We advise you to explore what BCAAs are for men.
- Beta-alanine. Acts as a blocker of cortisol, a stress hormone that promotes muscle breakdown and fat accumulation. We advise you to study in more detail about beta-alanine, and whether it really works wonders, as well as how to lower cortisol to speed up weight loss.
- Glutamine. Another anti-catabolic that prevents muscle breakdown. Glutamine is taken post-workout immediately after the protein window closes.
- CLA. Conjugated Linoleic Acid, which prevents protein breakdown and reduces body fat. Learn more about why CLA is one of the best weight loss supplements available.
- Donors of nitric oxide NO2. They stimulate the production of their own growth hormone, increase strength. Recommended for use with BCAA and glutamine.
- Green tea extract. Acts as a source of catechins, which play an important role in fat burning. Before taking, it is worth learning more about the use of green tea extract.
At the end...
It is important to note that you should not take creatine while drying, since it promotes fluid retention in the body, and during the drying period, on the contrary, you need to get rid of it.
Next time, we will look at a set of exercises in the gym that will help "dry" the body.